07 April 2008

Conference Weekend

We were so lucky as to have Quentin and Yesenia come down for conference. I love having them here. They are such easy house guests!

On Saturday evening they were milling around the swimming pool and Quentin kept harassing Yesenia about getting in the pool to swim. She kept saying she didn't really want to. Quentin was precariously close to the edge of the pool. Yesenia caught my eye and with a naughty little glint in it she silently conveyed her intent. I nodded my consent and next thing Quentin had been pushed unceremoniously into the pool. I was laughing my head off. He went in with not much grace but emerged with a smile on his face. Yesenia felt guilty for pushing him in and jumped in herself up to her waist, clothes and all. What a nice wifey! It all happened so fast that I didn't get a picture of it. Oh well, the memory will be burned into my mind forever!

The kids then wanted to get in the pool so they went and put their swim suits on. Like last weekend, the pool was still chilly and they didn't stay in too long. Bret decided to jump in too. It was all very humorous.

I somehow convinced them to play Shanghai Rummy with me, (they didn't want to try settlers). Risa came over and played with us too. I was laughing a lot and I haven't seen Bret laugh so much in a long time. (could be that I haven't seen him in a long time) I was winning the whole game until at the very end Bret pulled out the win like he ALWAYS does. I swear, it is uncanny how often he wins. If only he can be lucky enough for an assignment in London that would afford him all the things he wants for his career. :)

Anyhow, thanks so much to Q and Y for coming down and spending the weekend with us. Oh, one other funny thing. When Malik was saying a prayer on the dinner one night he said "Thank you for letting Yesenia and (then a pause and much thinking) the other guy for coming here." I was bad and couldn't help laughing. It made him sad that he forgot Quentin's name during the prayer and sad that I had laughed. But it was super funny to me. Good ole Malik! He always makes me laugh.

No comments: