09 February 2009

more winter?

After about a week of exceptionally good weather i was rather hoping that Punxsutawney Phil would not see his shadow and we could slip into spring a little early this year. But no...there still must be plenty of faithful saints praying for continued moisture here on the mountain, because it has snowed off and on all day. Not that its not appreciated. Not that we don't need as much as can be sent. It's just that its a lot easier to shovel rain than the snow. Had a chance to run the little Lucas Mill again to make some lumber for the downstairs bedroom remodel that's going on. Was rather fun and it reminded me that grandpa June indicated a desire to mill some lumber to help with a project that the Historical Society had discussed last year. Maybe when the weather gets nice again i can give him a jump start. Not actually as in hook up the cables to him or anything, its just that he has not even seen the mill in operation. I'm sure he could figure it out. He and Quentin have a supperhuman ability to master the mechanical things of life.
As you read previously, mom is in Patagonia and even though i miss her terribly, its probably good that she is not here to see me transform her living room into a dry kiln. I have been very careful to move stuff out of the way and place plenty of tarps to portect the new floor. But hopefully this blazing heater will get its magic done before the weekend and the stack of lumber will be gone in time. It sure is nice to have tools and time with which to work.
Speaking of nice...I am really fortunate to have Quentin and Yesenia so close by. They invited me to Yessie's parent's for Sunday dinner and fed me again tonight. I appreciate them in numerous ways, not the least of which would be the fact that i can smooch on a beautiful granddaughter at will. Sometimes i just ache to see and hold all the grandkids. Makes one appreciate the moments when it actually happens. Also makes one grateful for technology so we can keep in touch electronically if nothing else. So keep those pictures and blogs a commin'...
Hasta ls vista, bay bay















s

2 comments:

Webb said...

Speaking of jump starts, I just got my CPR/AED certification today! YAY!!! I was one of two in my class of 10 that passed.

You should send pix of the remodel!!! I'd love to see how it all looks!

teviawall said...

First, have you actually shoveled rain? Second, glad to see you blogging. Third, I am so happy that Q and Y aren't letting you starve, not that I was worried you would, but good for them for feeding and caring for you!

Dad, you make me laugh. It is fun to get to know my parents through the written word. It brings out a whole other dimension to your personalities. I love it!

And YEAH for Jacob too!!!! Congrats on your accomplishments even though I don't know what they mean. I think it means you can do CPR now, right?