Ok, it's been a while since I've blogged anything so I figured I should say something, especially since Tevia keeps encouraging me to do so. Bless her heart for not giving up.
Any hoo....I can't believe how fast this summer has gone by. We were suppose to go boating with the Wood family but every time we try to plan a day or a weekend there's always something else going on. I know the summer isn't over yet so there's some hope.
I've been really busy making stuff for all the new babies being born this summer, ( must have been some kind of cold or boring winter) I'm just about done with everything. It's been fun to keep busy with all the crocheting, knitting and sewing. I probably should insert a picture or two about now but hey I don't have any and I don't know how to post pictures so.....moving on.
I totally enjoyed having Tev's boys here for a week while she was gone on a trek. They are so much fun and are just good kids. I look forward to them coming each summer. Also Tev came up for my birthday to do some camping, her, the boys and Brandt. Can't get a better b-day than that. I just LOVE to do outdoor cooking in the dutch ovens. Made some pretty awesome food if I may say so myself.
Just prior to the camp out Quentin and Yesenia had their twins on the 18th of July. The little stinkers came 5 weeks early but thank the Lord they are safe and sound and doing very well. They're so tiny and precious and I'm so happy they're here. Boy do those two( meaning Q and Y) have their hands full. We took Jhade down to the valley with us for that week and she had a blast playing with "Neenok" and swimming, going to the library with Tev and Enok and just playing with her cousins but by the end of the week she was missing her parents.
So the piece de resistance (sp) is the garden that Thad has so lovingly and patiently been growing this summer, oh and the flowers in the front yard. I have enjoyed cooking all the good veggies that have been growing this summer. For instance I just roasted some anaheim green chilies this morning, there were 14 big meaty ones. Oh the aroma....aaaahhhh, smells like my childhood and reminds me of my granny. I've made pans of zucchini bars and green bean soup (another dish I ate a lot of growing up), other zucchini dishes, fresh cucumbers and tomatoes for salads, cupcakes, muffins etc....... and there are still some veggies that aren't done growing like corn on the cob and potatoes, oh mustn't forget basil, green onions, jalapenos and cilantro, we've also had some pretty good carrots, I'm sure I'm forgetting something but that's some of the bounty. I feel so blessed to have all of this fresh wonderful food at my fingertips.
Now I'm looking so forward to going to Disney Land with Tevia and Enok at the end of this month and then right after that seeing Jacob and Millie and the girls when they come down and then that pretty much will be the end of summer....whew! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE summer, it's my favorite time of year. Other than all the patriotic stuff maybe that's why Independence Day is my favorite holiday, cuz it's in the summer. Them founding fathers were pretty smart having the country's b-day at this time of year. USA! USA! USA!
1 comment:
YaY! mom posted again. I know you don't think it matters if you post blogs, but I love reading what you have to say and hearing things from someone else's perspective.
thanks so much for keeping the boys this summer while we were at trek. they had a fantastic time.
I think it's great that dad has such a green thumb. Mine must have a killing curse on it. However, the Charlie is still alive. I put it outside because there were these little flies that decided to live in it, and I think it likes the heat outside better than the air inside. Go figure!
anyhow, thanks for posting. Love ya!
Post a Comment