Well third times a charm cuz I've never blogged that many times in a row, ( I know it's months in a row but I'm baby stepping ). So here goes....the beginning of the month I had the delightful chance to go the opera with my two daughters. We saw Aida, sappy story but the costumes and the set on stage was faaaaabUlous! Just going out with my girls is fun no matter what I do with them. Risa and I traveled to Mesa to have breakfast with some friends of hers and then to visit my niece Heidi and then we were suppose to go shopping for a wedding dress but Risa didn't want to. She said she dreaded having to do that...weird, most women love to shop for that special dress. Tevia suggested she wear her dress with a few alterations so instead of me making Risa a dress I get to alter one, not sure I like that cuz it's gonna be a challenge. ( the things we do for love). Also that weekend I had the privilege of attending an All State Band concert that Jarek was in. This kid amazes me, he was one of two band students chosen to participate. Yes the word J-Rock fits!
The following week was my turn to host bunco, for those who don't know what that is, it's a dippy dice game that 12 silly women get together to eat and play....LOVE IT!
Sometime in the month Yesenia made these gyros with homemade naan bread etc....they were soooo yummy! I want to grow up and cook like her.
The next week was spring break for Tevs kids so we had planned on going down there to spend time with them. First we met them at granny's house for lunch (potato soup, one of the boys favorite) and then we just chatted and finally went outside to do some yard work. After that we continued to Phoenix. Originally we were going to go camping but Tevia was finally committing to do some construction work on her house. She's pretty wishy washy about that. It was hilarious....She said I change my mind about the kitchen door and window so we're not going to do anything...The HECK!! So I 'strongly' suggested that we go ahead and put in the sliding doors and then she will think different about the kitchen door. After going from a light tan in her face to ghost white she sucked it up and we got her done. When it was finished she was beyond silly excited, it was kind of fun to witness the transformation.....from about to pass out to jubilation, gotta love those mood swings :-}. So now she's ready to continue with more projects including the kitchen door and window. All in all it was a fun week to spend with them.
SIDE NOTE: I was thinking when I was walking today that if we hadn't gone down so many times to Phoenix we would be a little better off financially and then I thought Huh? What the? How can I put a price on the time I spend with my kids and grandkids, any of them! Isn't that why we have money so we can spend it all on our loved ones by spending time with them? YES! I say YES! Oh how I love my children and grand children. Nothing better than my little family.
I know I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff but my head is still spinning from all the things we did, for one, hiking, hiking and more hiking, trying to get in shape for Havasupai in September. Oh yeah crocheting a gob of baby booties and giving some to my niece, very therapeutic crocheting. My uncle was in the hospital again and my sister Dona visited from Utah for a bit.
One of my all time favorites, general conference started at the end of the month. Also going with Yesenia to the park to help her with the kids while they gathered Easter eggs and oh surprise, surprise, headed back down to Phoenix on the first of April but that's for next month....if I don't forget. Whew! Month three is done!!
1 comment:
I love that you have to goal to post once a month. It's so fun reading these experiences through your eyes. I guess I am a bit (just a tad mind you) wishy washy. But, once we get going, I am solid.
Thanks for still visiting us even though you are broke and poor as church mice. We love having you here and I know the boys especially appreciate the time spent with them.
Keep up the good work blogging. Love ya.
Post a Comment