29 January 2012

January 2012, A month in review

January is almost over and it's been about five months since I last blogged. A lot has been going on but I'm not gonna rack my brain to remember all of it. This month Millie ran the PF Chang marathon, for the second time, I can't believe people do that and enjoy it but it impresses me that they do. Good job Millie. We also got to spend time with Ellery and Aayla and the boys of course. Oh how I love being with my grandchildren. I made all of them hats that I crocheted. I need to do a different one for Ellery...I knew better but I couldn't help myself by making her a 'girly' one. She cracks me up. Her and Jhade both like boy stuff better.
For our anniversary this month ( 37 years), we stayed at the Heritage Inn B&B in Snowflake. I love that place it's so quaint and just lovely. The breakfast they serve is awesome and the rooms are so old fashioned and cute. We went and visited my Uncle Manuel (my mom's brother) and he didn't look to good. His speech was slurred and his eyes hurt and he looked like he had lost a lot of weight. My mom had said he hadn't been feeling good but I just thought he had the flu or something. Anyways he ended up in the hospital and then flown to Tucson and was diagnosed with myasthemia gravis. He will have to take meds from now on. Makes me sad to see my family get old....of course I'm one to talk, I'm getting older too. Then to top all that off we went to Aunt Marion's funeral, (Thad's aunt, married to his dad's brother). It was a nice funeral, the best part is getting to see a bunch of family that we don't get see otherwise so kind of like a mini reunion. Speaking of which Tevia and I decided to plan a V. June Webb family reunion in July and everyone I talked to are excited and happy that one is being planned and  already put it in their phone calendars. Thank goodness for technology.
Also today is Risa's birthday, she was the prettiest little baby and the hardest one to have but well worth it. She had very black eyes and hair and the most hair of all the kids and dark skin. Now she has the lightest hair and her eyes and skin are lighter too, weird how that happens. She's been a joy and a blessing in our lives. We are so happy for her and her up coming wedding and glad to have Mark join are family. 
Last but not least Andrew would have been 28 this month on the 7th. I wonder how his life would have panned out and who he would have married etc....I can't believe how fast time goes by and how we can heal from the trials that we are faced with through out our lives. I can honestly say God is good and I'm thankful for the lessons I've learned from those trials, believe it or not they are blessings, just takes some time to see them, if one is willing.
WEATHER NOTE:  It's been pretty darn cold this month, the snow that fell in December is still on the ground and all we've had is a dusting now and again.

5 comments:

teviawall said...

you've had a pretty busy month! I'm glad you blogged again. you should have a goal to blog once a week. even if it's to say what you did that week.

we are looking forward to a fun year with so many opportunities to be together with weddings etc...

love ya mom!

Gayle's Tales said...

I agree with Tevia. I love reading your blog and hearing what is going on in your family. I really miss seeing all of you. I have so many memories of living on the mountain. I miss you all so much. Love ya, Gayle

momsie said...

wow! good to hear from you. I'm horrible at keeping up with people, thanks for popping in. miss you too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom! Lovely Blog:-) I also like the updates on things, and glad I made it on this!! January is the awesomest month ever:-) Anyhow, I too will try to keep sharing on my blog. Love you and keep up the good work!!

The Roberts Family said...

I love you and this. :) haha. I told you, you should do what my smart cousin Tevia said and keep up with the blog cause I constantly check this...and it is not constantly being updated. haha.
Love you auntie monica!