Tonight I got to play volleyball again. I was so excited all day and as the time drew closer, I started getting flutters in my stomach. I was a little nervous that I would suck, but I was also anxious to see all the friends I had made there. I was not disappointed at all. I felt so happy that so many people were glad to see me. I felt happy that I played pretty good. I haven't smiled and laughed so much in quite awhile, in fact, I laughed and smiled so much my cheeks hurt!
It felt so good to be in the company of a bunch of adults, and talk with them and play volleyball together and just enjoy something together. I am so glad that I have this. That I have this time to myself, to remember myself, to be who I am when I am not a wife and a mother. It is a great blessing to be able to reconnect to myself, especially after not having many friends or even much adult conversation for the last three months. And to talk about things that had no bearing whatsoever on my church life or family life was so refreshing, to just be a human, a woman, a fellow sports lover! Ahhhh, I feel joy in my heart even though my body will be sore in the morning.
I love finding myself, returning to that person I know still exists under all the other roles I have. I am a wonderful person and I am happy to find other wonderful people to have fun with!
No comments:
Post a Comment