The kids and I have been up here in Lakeside since Wednesday night and the boys have really enjoyed spending time with Donny and Hannah. Yesterday they spent almost the whole day over at the Borrego's. Donny was teaching them how to wrestle. Donny took second this year in a wrestling tournament and so was a great teacher to the boys. He even made Jarek a little booklet with all the rules of wrestling, the positions etc... It was so cute.
The boys got to play in the snow too. Enok didn't much like it and cried most of the time we were outside. I tried making a snowman with the other two, but that didn't work so well with Enok so grumpy. He actually stood in one place for a long time which is quite unusual since he is such a little busy body. Jarek and Malik didn't last that long either as we weren't really well equ
I have had such an enjoyable time getting to know Aubrey and Amanda better too. Quentin, Yesenia, Aubrey, Amanda and I went bowling on Friday night and that was really fun. I like bowling but it has been so long since I have gone that I only barely broke 100 the first round and didn't reach 100 the second round. After that we went to the best hang out in Show Low/Lakeside, Denny's. (haha) It was so nice just talking and getting things off our chest we didn't realize just how late it had gotten. Tammy called Aubrey and we had to get them home since it was way past their curfew. There was a heated "discussion" when we got to their house and a lot of tears. Most of the problem stemmed from bad communication and there are already a lot of volatile feelings swarming around both families so that made it that much more discouraging for both Jim, Tam and the girls. I am so impressed with those girls. They are far more mature for their age than you would expect. They have been through a lot and they still try to do what is right. I love those girls!
Last night all us kids that were up here on the mountain went to La Casita together. There was only ten of us, but it was really fun. I think my kids and Donny and Hannah were glad to be hanging out with us older kids and to be out of the house for a bit. We were back in the back room and that made Enok's noise sound that much louder. He is such a crack up! We really missed all of you that weren't here. Nephi, Jacob and Millie, Risa, Heidi and Ryen and Brandt. You were all in our thoughts though!
Today we went to the Spanish branch and I really enjoyed that. I was able to understand quite a bit of what was said. It was fun to sing the hymns in Spanish and to try and understand all that was being said. The kids even tried to sing the songs in Spanish. It was great! I believe that Quentin and Yesenia enjoy being there too. They both gave prayers in sacrament meeting too. Yesenia did hers in Spanish and Quentin did his in English. :)
Anyhow, tonight is dad's disciplinary court. Mom has had an upset stomach and I am not really sure how dad is feeling. I imagine he is probably nervous and also a bit anxious. Mom is going to go with him even though she is not feeling too well. I am pretty sure her stomach is upset due to nerves. She has been eating better now though. I am sure they will both be glad when this evening is over. I will be entertaining Enok and trying to watch the season finale of Survivor. I KNOW, I am a nerd!!!!
2 comments:
If you're a nerd for watching Survivor, then I am too! We watched it last night with my family. My dad even had as fill out 'prediction sheets' before it started!!!! I was wrong on mine. :( Oh well, it was a great season!
Well the Bowling evening was quite interesting...but I guess amanda and I are totally numb to a certain parent to yell and blow things way out of proportion. None the less, I thought it was fun at Denney's and bowling. Thanks for coming up here and spending time, I loved it.
Post a Comment